As a Quality Assurance Engineer, your focus is to test software and devices to ensure quality product releases. You will be responsible to ensure test coverage by design test cases and perform test execution on new and existing products to improve the quality of the product.
- Participate actively in an agile team as a representative of software quality assurance.
- To analyze, design and develop tests based on requirements using practical testing concepts to ensure adequate test coverage.
- Perform functional/non-functional test execution to ensure quality code releases.
- Log defects and track to closure.
- Take ownership of QA activities on assigned projects, follow through acceptance from the test case design to acceptance of the test results with QA Manager and Product Owner.
- Maintain and update test cases and test plans in a timely manner.
- Record and analyze all test results to provide a high-level summary for areas tested.
- Collaborate on business/requirements analysis and identify requirements traceability.
- Prepare and setup required test environment and test data based on project requirements.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related area.
- Good understanding of software testing in an agile environment.
- Passion for testing and improving product quality.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the following will be advantageous:
- Cloud-based software platforms testing
- Mobile devices testing
- C#, SQL, Linux
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to handle a dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.