As a Technical Support Specialist (TSS) your focus is to provide technical support for Appspace customers, covering a variety of software and network related issues for Windows Server and Linux based digital media and data delivery.
Candidates must possess the ability to document and manage multiple work streams with minimal supervision and prioritize activities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively to a diverse client base.
- Provide client support for technical issue resolution via email, phone, and remote access clients.
- Ask appropriate fact-finding questions to clearly identify and understand the client’s issue and isolate potential root causes.
- Configure equipment to resolve connectivity issues and network-related challenges including firewalls, ports, TCP/IP settings, and complex security issues.
- Serve as the client’s subject matter expert for all technical questions or issues raised regarding their digital media software.
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client endpoints or devices including retrieval and evaluation of error logs.
- Document all customer interactions using company CRM (Salesforce) and related tools.
- Problem solves and deals with a number of variables in real-time situations.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- Knowledge of networking including LAN/WAN monitoring, TCP/IP configuration, traffic types, understanding DHCP and DNS services/servers, proxy servers, firewalls, and VPN.
- Strong organizational skills, able to document and prioritize effectively to manage workloads.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, high-volume, multi-tasking environments while remaining calm and poised under pressure.
- Experience with Cisco Digital Media suite and devices, Chrome OS/Chrome devices, Brightsign and other digital media devices (LG, Dell, Samsung, MediaVue) a plus.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 and UNIX/Linux a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Prior experience in a technical support capacity (Support Engineer, etc.) and/or computer software/hardware/networking environment or industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/related work experience (2-5 years).