As a Software & Hardware Tester, you will be part of the Product Innovation team and responsible for conducting tests to ensure the performance of Appspace software on various hardware provided by Appspace partners. As a SW/HW Tester you will be responsible for planning and implementing tests that prove the functional and nonfunctional requirements of various partner devices. Further, you will also compile reports detailing the results of the test for internal resources as well as external partners.
- Test and document feature compatibility of Appspace proprietary software on various partner hardware devices.
- Design test plans and test cases to validate the performance of new partner hardware devices running Appspace proprietary software.
- Perform product validation and verification of hardware in the field or lab environment.
- Compile test reports both for internal use and for Appspace hardware partners.
- Provide documentation and training to internal employees related to new hardware.
- Prepare and submit reports on the progress and status of all testing procedures.
- Work with the Product Innovation team to document and test new software features on various hardware platforms.
- Write scrum-format tickets in JIRA for new product features.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Experienced writing test plans, test procedures, defect tracking and writing test reports.
- Able to troubleshoot software problems on various Operating systems (Android, Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS) and related hardware platforms.
- Bias for action and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willing to learn new software/skills that will help improve the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Organized with good time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with SW test infrastructure and QA tools (Jira, Bamboo, Git) a plus.
- Familiar with industry troubleshooting tools (chrome dev tools, Android studio) a plus.
- Familiar with SCRUM development ideology a plus.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills are required.