Controller - US
No positions available.
Appspace is looking for an experienced Controller with strong financial, accounting and business acumen as well as strong analytical skills. To build our vision, we are looking for a results driven, high-energy and hands on leader with a can-do attitude who thrives on excellence and driving change. This position will manage a team and has opportunity for growth as the company expands. Reporting to the Company’s CFO, the Controller will have high visibility working with the entire Appspace leadership team to set tactical and strategic direction for the company.
- Oversee and coordinate all accounting and financial activities and set necessary controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques (month/quarter/year end book closings, financial statements, etc.
- Conduct internal audits to assess financial status and serve as primary contact for external auditors
- Manage staff responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and review monthly journal entries
- Analyze financial transactions and ensures that they are appropriately recorded
- Works closely with external banks, lenders, and/or investors regarding credit lines, reporting, etc.
- Managing tax compliance with federal, state, and local entities; prepare assigned schedules required for tax returns and audits, and work as needed with outsourced providers
- Reconcile/analyze monthly balance sheet accounts, and ensure timely resolution of reconciliations
- Create, prepare, and measure budgets collaborating with multiple department heads
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Handle necessary personnel matters for team including interviewing/onboarding/training, assigning, and managing work, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Review and maintain contracts, leases, and agreements in coordination with Legal
Experience, skills, and education
- Proven success in developing and maintaining the accounting, operations and reporting as Controller in a highly efficient company, software industry (SaaS) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA required
- Proficient in configuration and reporting in NetSuite as well working knowledge of Zuora and Salesforce preferred; software revenue recognition a plus
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and B2B accounting related experience – with a minimum of 4 years hands-on businesses experience (High growth SME or startup experience preferred) with proficiency in business operations and best practices of accounting and administration areas including A/R, A/P, Financial Statements, Monthly Closings, and Tax Compliance
- Familiarity with transfer pricing, consolidating foreign subsidiaries, and multicurrency transactions
- Meaningful experience in improving operations, developing standards, analyzing information, dealing with complexity, simplification, development of systems, procedures and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work, anticipate problems and achieve results with minimal direction in a fast pace, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain composure, confidentiality, exercise discretion and make sound professional judgments in an environment with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- High proficiency with MS office technologies including Excel (advanced user), PowerPoint and Word
- A self-starter with a bias for action and strong desire to get things done
- Ability to quickly identify what needs to be accomplished, craft a solution and drive to results