Kuala Lumpur | Malaysia Apply
As a Development Lead you will be responsible for leading your delivery team, typically consisting of around four to six developers. You will lead the team in designing, developing and maintaining software codes in according to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines. This is achieved through providing technical leadership and guidance, coaching and mentoring, and leading and motivating. You are also expected to spend 50% of your time as an individual contributor.
- To lead a team of Software Development Engineers to design, develop and maintain software codes:-
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards/benchmarks.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- Develop unit testable codes with corresponding unit tests.
- Line management of team members, including:-
- Work allocation and progress monitoring, and to take corrective measures if necessary.
- Problem resolution and escalation.
- Lead and motivate staff to achieve peak productivity.
- Evaluate performance and make recommendations.
- Identify team members’ training and development needs.
- Mastery of your respective functional areas.
- Reduce technical debt by analysing code and enhancing the same by code refactoring.
- Perform program architecture and code review and communicate the same to team members, and ensure the same are incorporated.
- Lead in consultation with the Scrum Masters and team members in estimating effort for work assigned to the team.
- Work closely with the other Development Leads and Management to help set and implement overall development team strategy, and to lead in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for the projects your team works on, and liaising with the Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Analysts, QA Leads and others to ensure successful delivery of the same.
- Communicate work progress and all (work related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Management.
Experience, skills, and education
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
At least 8 years of working experience in an agile software development environment and experienced in a team leader position is an advantage.
Significant commercial software development experience in C#.Net, Angular JS, Bootstrap, ASP.NET Core & Web API, NHibernate, Entity Framework and SQL.
Familiar with continuous integration practices and tools.
Proven successful technical leadership of development projects.
Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational skills – ability to handle a dynamic environment.
Ability to prioritize and manage own and others’ time.
Positive and professional approach at all times.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Ability to empathize with the customer’s viewpoint when designing and developing software.