SR. Software Development Engineer
Kuala Lumpur | Malaysia Apply
As a Senior Software Development Engineer your focus will be on designing, developing and maintaining software codes in accordance with product requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines. You may be expected to lead a small team of Software Development Engineers to work on development projects.
- To develop clean, readable and maintainable software codes:-
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards/benchmarks.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- Develop unit testable codes with corresponding unit tests.
- If required, to lead a small team of Software Development Engineers to work on development projects.
- Reduce technical debt by analysing code and enhancing the same by code refactoring.
- Perform software architecture and code review and communicate the same to the Software Development Engineers, and ensure the same are incorporated.
- Participate in consultation with the Scrum Masters, Development Leads and team members in estimating effort for work assigned.
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Communicate work progress and all (work related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Development Lead.
Experience, skills, and education
- Possess a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in an agile software development environment.
- Significant commercial software development experience in C#.Net, Angular JS, Bootstrap, ASP.NET Core & Web API, NHibernate, Entity Framework and SQL.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading small development projects.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to empathise with the customer’s viewpoint when designing and developing software.